Currently reside in Orlando, Florida with my wife, Rosanne. Father of four children. Born in Seattle. Lived and worked in Chicago, New Jersey, Los Angeles, England, Switzerland, Grand Cayman, the Tonga Islands, Taipei, Hong Kong and the Dominican Republic.
My studies with Francis Schaeffer at L’Abri after college graduation changed the direction of my life. I have pursued an understanding of God’s truth for many years, often through crisis and personal challenges. My goal is to make the depths of God’s words come alive for anyone who searches.
Taught college level undergraduate and graduate courses in religion, ethics, philosophy, and human sciences. Developed several courses that explored the relationships between religion and the sciences, including foundations of social and behavioral sciences and philosophical inquiries in physics. Taught business ethics in MBA curriculum. Taught graduate courses in Greek philosophy and philosophy of science. Established a successful independent consulting firm that provided human resources consulting for employee compensation and sales channel development to Fortune 500 companies. Contributed to development of national surveys on employee motivation and productivity with the American Productivity and Quality Center. Taught professional seminars on motivation and compensation design. Consulted with start-up companies and small businesses on marketing and sales strategies. Provided consulting expertise to third world development programs. Developed and managed a corporate sponsored fund raising program for charities that produced several million in revenue in 2 years.
Employed in executive management positions in both the commercial and non-profit worlds, I am now Dean of the Department of Biblical Leadership at Master’s International Divinity School and a speaker at various business and religious functions. I devote much of my time to writing and teaching.
- D. Phil. Oxford University, Oxford, England. 1979
Dissertation: “God, Time and the Limits of Omniscience”
- M.A. University of Washington, Seattle, WA. 1975
- M.A. (cum laude) Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL. 1973
Dissertation: “The Epistemology of Karl Popper in Relation to the Problem of Science and Metaphysics”
- B.A. University of Washington, Seattle, WA. 1971
- B.A. (magna cum laude) Seattle Pacific College, Seattle, WA. 1969
- 3/05 – present Dean, Dept. of Biblical Leadership, Master’s International Divinity School
- 3/06 – 10/07 Executive Director, BlueSky Ministries
- 7/00 – 3/01 President, Wherever.net USA Inc.
- 6/84 – 1/96 President, TELEOS Incorporated. Management consulting firm.
- 9/93 – 5/96 Adjunct Professor, Drew University, Graduate School.
- 1/95 – 7/95 Adjunct Professor, Kean University. Philosophy and Religion
- 8/84 – 3/85 President, Worldcom, Inc. Technical search firm.
- 4/81 – 6/84 District Manager, AT&T.
- 12/80 – 3/81 Instructor, University of Puget Sound